Job Title: Event Planner
Job Category: Regular, Full-Time
The Event Planner will report to the Executive Director, and will be responsible for managing CelebrateMercy’s in-person conferences, and trips, including planning, execution, and process improvement.
- • Develop a yearly schedule for all conferences and trips
- • Develop a detailed budget, and a task list for the events team with deadlines and key deliverables for each event
- • Establish and Maintain relationships with Masjids and other Muslim organizations as events venues, or events partners.
- • Plan and manage staffing & trainings for each event
- • Assign tasks to team members, and follow-up on deliverables
- • Work with various service providers & vendors to ensure successful events & trips.
- • Coordinate with other functional teams to ensure successful events: marketing, website development, donors relations.
- • Manage and communicate effectively with speakers, events attendees, and all stakeholders
- • Remain within budget with all costs
- • Manage events logistics, including registrations, set-up & clean-up, buying supplies, selling merchandise.
- • Manage relationships with speakers, attendees, and all service providers
- • Collect and analyze events data & surveys
- • Develop data analysis reports and financial reports
- • Regularly provide management with events results and evaluations
- • Develop plans to improve future events
- • Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- • Experience in event and/or trip planning required
- • Project management experience, a plus
- • People management experience, a plus
- • Working exprience at a Muslim non profit organization, a plus
- • Willingness to travel frequently domestically and internationally
- • Willingness to work long hours during events, which take place in evenings, on weekends, or over several days in the case of trips.
- • Ability to work in high paced environments, and produce high quality work with tight deadlines
- • Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English
- • Ability to work and collaborate effectively with remote teams
- • Strong customer service mindset
- • Strong spreadsheet skills
- • Strong attention to detail
- • Excellent problem-solving skills
- • Strong sense of ownership of work, and strong ability to follow through on commitments
- • Knowledge or interest in the Prophet Muhammad’s life and character
- • Knowledge of Islam and Muslims in North America
- • Compensation commensurate with experience, and with organization’s growth, with a salary range of $50k-$90k
- • Additional commissions / bonuses may be provided based on individual and organization performance.
- • Possible trip discount for family members
- • Healthcare insurance provided
- • Paid maternity and paternity leave provided
- • Full-time position: 40 hours a week, with possibility to work paid overtime.
CelebrateMercy is a U.S. based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that teaches about the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ’s life and character – to Muslims and the general public. We do this through short films, online campaigns, traveling conferences, and webinars that feature world-renowned speakers and scholars on Islam.
To learn more about CelebrateMercy, click here.
To apply for any position, click here.
To see all open positions, click here.
If you have any questions about jobs at CelebrateMercy, email us at email@example.com